Crazy Kitschy Candles | Aunt Sadie’s Gift Guide
I first discovered Aunt Sadie’s candles when I moved to Boston (their former home). I love clean-scents so I was immediately drawn to their Fresh Cut Grass candle – an amazingly authentic replication that takes me back to childhood summers. My other favorite is Tomato (yep, there’s a theme here), which smells like garden fresh tomatoes on the vine.
Aunt Sadie’s has since relocated HQ to Lunenburg, VT where founders Brian Schnetzer and Gary Briggs hand pour their candles with three part-time helpers, all retirees. Aunt Sadie was actually Schnetzer’s grandmother, a loving homemaker with high standards.
These candles make fabulous gifts! There are so many scents to choose from, we thought we would help you narrow it down!
- Beach-In-A-Can Original Candle: sun’s hot, water’s warm, and the whole beach is yours (nap time). This suntan lotion scented candle will take you there!
- Fresh Cut Grass Candle: as previously mentioned – my personal favorite!
- Original Leather: the perfect scent for the aspiring Mr. Fancyman, who yearns to smell like leather bound books and rich mahogany.
- Sizzling Bacon: what’s not to love?! We’re listing this “for him” but we know the ladies in your life will love it too! (Pictured above.)
- Autumn Foliage: if you live in New England (or you have a father who is obsessed with leaf peeping like yours truly), you know there is nothing more beautiful than the changing of the leaves in the Fall. Channel mountainsides ablaze with golden yellows, firey reds and crisp oranges with this beautiful scent!
- Baked Pumpkin Pie: it was hard to keep this off of the g48 faves list! This scent makes me look forward to cozy fall days!