- Ishah x Beauty: Ishah and her BFF went to Generation Beauty and met the transformation genius Promise Phan!
- Mama Fashionista: Attention curly mamas! Mama Fashionista thinks Mixed Chicks is the perfect line for you and your mini me’s!
- MakeUpMom123: Spectacular One Year Blogaversary Giveaway!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: If you love facial cleansing oils, then you must try TATCHA Pure One Camellia Cleansing Oil- it is a revelation!
- TheFabZilla: Click to see what TheFabZilla used for her Summer Beach Waves.
- Makeup Demon: M.U.F.E. HD Primers – reliable products for a long lasting Summer makeup.
- Beauty by Miss L: Is NOVExpert Gentle Make-Up Removing Milk as good as it sounds?
- Geniabeme: Geniabeme curls her hair with Conair’s Infiniti Pro auto rotating curling iron!
- Fun Fierce Fabulous Beauty Over 50!: It’s not to late to indulge in Chanel Spring Collection Illuminating Powder!
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Review of Schwarzkopf OSiS Dust It.
- Midnight Manicures: Does Summer have your skin needing a little relief? Check out Jamie’s review of the Glisten & Glow Spa Products.
- The Convenient Beauty: Perfect rosy nude lips with Chanel Exquisite and Tom Ford Rose Crush.
- Beauty by Arielle: Everybody Loves a Haul! Check Out Arielle’s from The Makeup Show.
- Baking Beauty: Baking Beauty features a review and giveaway of some Judith August Cosmetics.
I first came across Tanee last year when they were featured at a health and beauty conference as an up-and-coming brand to watch. It is one of those products that you can’t believe you ever lived with out – and you question why no one came up with it sooner! Tanee is a pen loaded with self tanner that helps correct unwanted tan lines or, in my case, self tanner mishaps!
Want to see Tanee in action? Check out their video:
*Must be 18 or over to enter. US residents only. (Sorry, Canadians and Australians. We’re working on it.)
Over the past year, Krystal has become our gloss48 polish guru. She is our go-to for the hottest new and cult nail polish lines! Her blog, Polish Galore, is a playground for polish lovers – chock full of color swatches. She was actually third person within the span of a week to rave to me about vegan, 5-free, long-lasting, haute lacquer line LVX!
Meet Krystal and shop the 2013 Summer Collection from LVX through Monday, June 17th on gloss48! LVX lacquers usually retail for $16 each , but you can snap up duos from the current collection for 30% off at gloss48!
Q. What is your favorite color from the Summer 2013 LVX collection?
A. The PolishGalore pick from the Summer 2013 LVX collection is Celeste. A beautiful powder blue crème that has white undertones gives you the crisp feeling of a fresh color without the starkness of a pure white.
Q. What is the one nail trend you will never follow?
A. One nail trend I will never follow is the flared out “duck tailed” sculpted nail shape. It’s not functional and does not look visually appealing on my hands.
Q. Any advice for those of us who are DIY/home manicure challenged?
A. My advice for the “home manicured challenged” is
- Always protect your nails by wearing a base coat. Even if you don’t add color, a base coat will give your nails shine while protecting them from breaks, bumps and scratches.
- Go slow! Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and have messy fingers. Take your time and clean up using a small brush (like the e.l.f. concealer brush for only $1!) dipped in nail polish remover to get the excess polish from your cuticles. Always apply thin coats of polish so they will dry faster and fully.
- Find a top coat that works for you and wrap your tips. While holding your brush vertically next to the free edge of your nail, coat the tip to “wrap” the polish over the top and down the inside of your nail. This helps keep your polish from tip wear and chipping at the edge.
Check out the rest of Krystal’s LVX swatches and then shop the Summer Collection 2013 on gloss48.com:
As a GLOSS BOSS winner, Krystal was offered complimentary product from LVX. Too bad she already owns the ENTIRE COLLECTION (I kid you not). She was also granted early access to the gloss48 LVX sale for her and her friends, and, of course, endless fame! Click here to apply to be our next GLOSS BOSS!
As you know, I love The Beauty Brains’ scientific approach to beauty. I know many of you are big fans of tinted moisturizer – particularly Laura Mercier. I apologize for being the bearer of bad news. If you are using your beloved Laura Mercier as your sunscreen, you may not be getting the protection you need.
“…Laura Mercier uses Octyl Methoxycinnamate and Menthyl Anthranilate in this moisturizer. Octyl Methoxycinnamate absorbs only UVB rays (280-320 nm) and Menthyl Anthranilate absorbs in the UVA region but only in the near UV-A (also known as UV II.) Ideally you want broad spectrum protection that includes the far end of the UVA spectrum (known as UVA-I) and for that you need an ingredient like Avobenzone or a blocker like zinc oxide.”
If you are looking for solid UVA protection, go for products with Avobenzone or zinc oxide.
- Makeupmom123: Spectacular One Year Blogaversary Giveaway!
- Mama Fashionista: Stay fresh and smell sweet naturally with Lavanila (Plus hangout with Molly Sims)!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Do you have a penchant for delectable body washes and body creams? If so, say hello to the Perlier 8-Piece Mini Bath & Body Set- it’s scrumptious!
- ColorMeSoCrazy: I hit my May Goals!! Let’s Celebrate with a GIVEAWAY!!
- Love At First Site!: Let’s meet NARS Seduction Blush. Review and Swatches.
- Beauty by Miss L: Miss L has never loved creamy eye makeup removers, but now she has found one by Beauty Without Cruelty that she loves.
- TheFabZilla: It’s the summer coconut mania! Check out TheFabZilla’s top picks for coconut bath and body products.
- Geniabeme: Geniabeme shows off OCC Lip Tar Stained Gloss in New Wave.
- Fun Fierce Fabulous Beauty Over 50!: Find out why Algenist Target Deep Wrinkle Minimizer is a Great Primer.
- Baking Beauty: Baking Beauty reviews MAC’s Pure Decoration Lipstick.
We were a bit ahead of our time when we ran this Gatsby Glam makeup tutorial over a year ago…so we’re running it again!
Watch makeup artist Jessica Berndt and Fashion/Lifestyle Blogger Noelani Zervas teach us how to achieve the perfect, Gatsby Glam red lip and then shop Bésame – our favorite red lipstick – on gloss48:
Team gloss48 is excited to announce our next GLOSS BOSS, Michelle R.! Michelle is a lover of all things beauty, particularly her dramatic, yet reliable red lipstick from Bésame. As you know, we are also big fans of this vintage-inspired cosmetics line! Meet Michelle and shop her GLOSS BOSS sale featuring Bésame lipsticks from now through Wednesday, June 12th on gloss48!
Q: Including everything in your bathroom from toothpaste to hair dryer, how many beauty products and tools do you use before you leave the house in the morning?
A: I’m a stay-at-home mom so my usual makeup routine is really simple: Skin79 BB cream because it has a good sunblock, my beloved sormeh eyeliner, a little blush, mascara and e.l.f.’s eyelash curler, and my Bésame Red lipstick. That’s right; I rock the red lipstick when I’ve got nothing more to do than pick up my kids at school. If I’ve got a special night planned, I’ll add eyeshadow to the mix but my hot weather look usually goes without it.
Q: We know you love Bésame lipstick, what is your favorite color?
A: Bésame Red is it for me. I get compliments on it every single time I wear it! I’ve had women pull out a piece of paper and jot down the name of the company so they can go find it for themselves.
Q: Some women find red lips intimidating. Do you have any advice for the ladies who are dying to try it?
A: A lot of women feel red lips are too bold or that they can’t find the right shade or it feathers so badly, they don’t want to bother with having to check their lipstick all day. No one has time for that. That’s where Bésame can help. Their website shows their various lipstick colors on different skin tones so you’re able to see what the shade will look like with your coloring. It doesn’t feather the way so many other lipsticks do and you won’t have to keep applying it ten times a day because Bésame’s lipsticks are really long-lasting. If you can nail the color and feel confident that your lipstick is on your lips, where it should be, you can wear it confidently. And if you’re still not sure red is for you, keep wearing it. Give it time! Sometimes, you need to get used to seeing yourself with a new look. After a few days, you won’t recognize yourself without your new signature color. And if you decide pink is really your signature color instead of red, Bésame has some really lovely, vintage shades to try!
As a GLOSS BOSS winner, Michelle received complimentary product from Bésame, early access to the gloss48 Bésame sale for her and her friends, and endless fame! Click here to apply to be our next GLOSS BOSS!
Chanel’s summer collection in stunning – and perhaps a bit too daring for this thirty-something. (Darn, kids! Get off my lawn!) However, I thoroughly appreciate the rich, bold colors and fully support Chanel’s ninja kick to the norm.
Are you daring enough for blue, teal, or yellow mascara? Send your pics to email@example.com and we will post them!
- Mama Fashionista: Quinn’s Mini Fashionista, Peyton shares her five favorite things from May!
- Adore A Polish: Kristina shows us her current skincare favorites.
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: If you love a great lip balm, then you will madly love Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair! It’s that great!
- TheFabZilla: Think outside the kitchen! TheFabZilla shares how she stores her makeups using kitchen utensils organizer.
- The Socialite’s Closet: Enter to win the Aveeno Protect & Hydrate line via scentednights.
- Beauty Professor: Forever on a peachy-pink lipstick hunt, the Beauty Professor has fallen in love with Top Shop’s rendition called Whimsical!
- Rachel’s Makeup and Skincare: Rachel plays with Chanel’s new colored mascaras from their Summer 2013 collection and is less than impressed. Find out why.
- Beauty Apocalypse: Beauty Apocalypse has some great make-up tips for traveling!
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Nail Stamping Challenge! Best design to date!!
- Beauty by Miss L: Is Palmer´s Eventone BB Cream as good as it is promised on the packaging?
- The Convenient Beauty: Joanne redoes her wedding makeup from a few years back and feels much better.
- The Passenger Element: Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon.
- Daydreaming Beauty: How to make an all natural coconut lip scrub!